Monday, April 11, 2011

A Quick One

Just a quick not here before I head off for an afternoon of money-making.

This past week has been interesting to say the least.  Just when I think things are turning around for the better, something else falls down on me.  BUT I have to tell myself a few things to make myself better: at least I have a job, even though I don’t work all my hours.  At least I have to only get ONE root canal, instead of 2.  At least I don’t have to worry about myself or my beautiful daughter’s health and safety due to the earthquakes and radiation/nuclear factory disasters in Japan.  At least the state trooper was nice enough to cut 5 mph off my speeding ticket after I was able to prove to him that I felt sick.  You know, things of that nature…..I need to stop being so hard on myself and the whole “pity me” syndrome I’ve been having.  Things could be SO MUCH worse.  And I’m thankful beyond belief that we are where we are.

Aubrie has been able to enjoy some gorgeous warm weather..slathered on some sunscreen to the chubby arms and legs and we got ourselves some sun time!  So much fun to watch her exploring the outdoors, watching and learning about everything around her.  The weather was in the 80s and sunny for a few days, and we got some good use out of the picnic table and slide we got her! 

DSC03921DSC03938DSC04009

New things in Aubrie’s world:

She’s undressing herself.  She’s drawing and coloring on everything she can—the girl’s obsessed with crayons!  She’s pointing to objects she knows and identifying them (such as clock, truck, ball, milk, juice, etc.  She’s also adding to her vocab every day.  New words are: stuck, thanks you (day-doo), please (pees), and go.  She’s also throwing both her hands up and asking us questions, in baby babble.  Usually ending with the word “go”. 

DSC04019

No comments:

Post a Comment