Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Aubrie's Birthday: Part 2

Waiting...and waiting.....and waiting! After induction began we waited--watched movies--tried to nap--sipped some water--waited! The room was filled with the sound of the little one's heartbeat and the random blood pressure being taken, and Kris and I just hung out. Grandma Yurcek showed up and watched a movie with us, then gave into tiredness and finished the trek to our house to watch after Gizzy. That night was pretty uneventful--sleep was hard to come by, either from the hard as a rock, uncomfortable skinny bed, annoying and cramping contractions, or the excitement from knowing that it wouldn't be too long before our little one was presented to the world! At one point her heart rate skyrocketed and the nurse gave me a few bags of extra fluid to help calm her down (apparently she was excited too!). At 4am the cervadil was removed and I was given the chance to take a shower before the pitocin was started.

Pitocin was started around 5:30 a.m., and I returned to bed to wait some more. Grandma Yurcek returned, and it wasn't too long before things started happening. I had just started to try and rest some more when I felt and heard a weird popping noise, and lo and behold, water broke! No turning back now-- I was in it for the long haul at that point!!! My contractions immediately strengthened, lengthened, and I was not having fun! I begged for an epidural (wimp that I am) even though I was only dilated to 2cm. Luckily, the anesthesiologist HAPPENED to be on the floor at the moment, and nothing was more conveniant than that! Epidurals are magic, let me tell you. Wow....I loved it.
From epidural on, I was in heaven. I got to nap a little bit, watched some Iowa vs. Wisconsin football action, napped some more, and waited in COMFORT! Gma and daddy went to lunch with me at 6 cm dilated, and returned 30 minutes later to the nurse setting up the room for delivery and me dilated to 10cm!! I was ready to push, but suddenly things stacked against me. First, my OB was in a C-section (which normally takes an hour start to finish), then there was another mommy-to-be who was at the same point as me, but her baby was distressed so she trumped. Luckily that epidural was so amazing....it felt like it was wearing off (but I hear that's what happens when you're ready to push). I got the OK for some practice pushes--after one practice push the OB was called to catch my baby! (Go Me!!) Two contractions later (and an unsettling gut reaction to some pain medication and me scrunching my body up in ways it hadn't scrunched in 8 months) AUBRIE ARRIVED!!!



Teeny, tiny, NOISY (cheesy!) Aubrie Kirsten Burclaw made her way into the world on Saturday, October 17th at 2:49 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz and was 19 inches long--my petite 'lil punkin!!

















I LOVED EVERY LAST BABY BIT OF HER! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment